[LINK] sigh

Jim Birch planetjim at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 11:59:02 AEDT 2013

On 12 February 2013 10:54, Jan Whitaker <jwhit at melbpc.org.au> wrote:

Is there any incentive for the govt to really tackle this price difference?

If you have an "Us versus Them" idea of government as a ruling entity
working in its own interest, perhaps, but probably not anyway with a bit
more economic analysis you'd likely find that they would be better off
keeping the bigger figure in the country, even if they don't get it right
now.

However, to the extent that the government are our representatives trying
to maximise our welfare, they clearly have an interest in minimising the
cost of imports to the country, and the end cost to us.

Jim