[LINK] Problems with Vic Fire alert App

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Tue Feb 26 08:57:11 AEDT 2013

On 23/02/13 16:43, Richard Chirgwin wrote:

> 1. Why an app? The CFA Website works perfectly well on both the
> smartphones I tested it on. If the app doesn't work, kill it. ...

Would it be possible to produce a HTML5 website and an "App" which
simply activities this website? The app would just go and get the mobile
version of the website, supplying any parameters the user or phone has
set, such as their location.

That should keep everyone "hAppy". ;-)

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au

Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/