[LINK] Google's Driverless Car Is Worth Trillions

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Tue Jan 29 14:13:01 AEDT 2013

On 29/01/2013 12:41 PM, Jim Birch wrote:
> You might reasonably argue that the whole legal framework of responsibility
> is more of a operational mythology than grounded in reality. Who would you
> believe in a court of law, a human driver or the robot he hit?

The courts aren't about right/wrong or justice, they are about the law.

AFAIK a non human entity (other than a corporation, which comprises a
group of humans) cannot be responsible for anything under the law. Which
is why I asked the question, who is responsible for the actions and
behaviour of the robot?

--

Regards
brd