[LINK] NBN pricing may dull broadband benefits: economist

Richard rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Sat Mar 9 16:12:31 AEDT 2013

Jan -

Having worked with John De Ridder, the Telstra angle isn't much to worry
about. He's been out of there for a long time; and it wasn't possible to
train up in telecoms in the 1980s without passing through Telstra.

I don't entirely agree with him on this one - because it seems to me
that, counter-intuitively, more people are taking up higher speeds than
expected. But I'm not economist enough to challenge his analysis.

Cheers,
Richard