[LINK] Internet slow down irony

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Thu Mar 28 09:35:37 AEDT 2013

Am reading a story in The Age today that is about the Warrnambool
Victoria Telstra 3 week outage a few months ago, which is titled:
What if the Internet Broke?
http://www.theage.com.au/national/what-if-the-internet-broke-20130327-2gud9.html
While reading, I noticed the page hasn't fully loaded -- waiting on
googleapis maps to complete, which is presumably due to the DDoS
attack going on (?). And what's really weird is there is no obvious
place on the page that requires the maps.googleapis function.

The article has an interesting laundry list of the effects of
extended network outages and the reliance we all have on modern
communication systems... things like banks.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/