[LINK] An Overhead NBN

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Thu Nov 7 14:49:18 AEDT 2013

Hi Rachel,

They finally replaced a couple of poles in my street (the top was
splintering) - the guy who did it, explained to me it was a "green" pole,
referring to the colour of the treated pine.

While they were replacing the pole, they tied the electricity cable to the
tree...
It would be much safer to do this with Data Cables..see coconut palms
poles at: http://ramin.com.au/goa/web-card4.html

There is a marking on each pole - telling you the kind of timber it is -
most new poles would be quick growing softwood either eucalypt or pinus
radiata...after all they used up all the hardwood for telegraph poles the
railways and line the streets.

Woodblocking...
http://history.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/sydneystreets/How_to_Build_a_Street/Woodblocking/default.html

> Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of London’s Forgotten Australian Timber Roads
http://www.roadswerenotbuiltforcars.com/wood/

In Perth, they seemed to have concrete poles.

Marghanita

--
Marghanita da Cruz
Ramin Communications Pty Ltd