[LINK] Age of Google Satellite Images

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Wed Nov 20 08:04:46 AEDT 2013

[Has anyone ever done a systematic check of image-dates on Google
satellite images?]

Shooting victim image to be removed from Google Maps
Nov 20, 2013 6:29 AM (1 hour ago)
itNews
http://www.itnews.com.au/News/364817,shooting-victim-image-to-be-removed-from-google-maps.aspx

First accelerated replacement agreed to.

Google is taking the unusual step of attempting to pull a satellite
photo from its Maps service that captures the image of a 14-year-old
teenager shot to death in Richmond, California, [on 15 August] 2009.
"Google has never accelerated the replacement of updated satellite
imagery from our maps before, but given the circumstances we wanted
to make an exception in this case," Maps vice president Brian
McClendon said in a statement.

Tel: +61 2 6288 6916                        http://about.me/roger.clarke

Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Law            University of N.S.W.