[LINK] Copyright and the Public Record

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Wed Nov 20 11:13:13 AEDT 2013

A small incident that Linkers might find interesting.

A while back, the local council exhibited a development proposal that
has attracted a deal of opposition. When the exhibition period ended, I
found that I could no longer access files associated with the
development application.

I asked how I could now access the files. The answer I got was that, for
copyright reasons, I could only read paper copies in Council's offices.

Development Applications are public records. I imagine moral rights
(attribution, etc.) persist. Restricting access or use in any other way
seems a little dodgy to me.

--
David Boxall                    |  Drink no longer water,
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  for thy stomach's sake ...