[LINK] You know things aren't going well when

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Tue Nov 26 11:20:46 AEDT 2013

This is too funny.
Jan

[there are embedded links as well]

Yahoo Can't Get Its Employees To Use Yahoo Mail, Memo Reveals
The Huffington Post  |  By Alexis Kleinman      Posted: 11/25/2013
12:31 pm EST  |  Updated: 11/25/2013 6:18 pm EST

You know things are bad when you can't get your employees to use your
company's email.

Yahoo is having a difficult time getting its employees to switch to
Yahoo Mail, according to a funny internal memo obtained by All Things
Digital's Kara Swisher on Sunday.

Yahoo's SVP of Communications Products Jeff Bonforte and CIO Randy
Roumillat practically begged Yahoo's employees to switch to its
"feature rich" Yahoo Mail service from Outlook, thanking the 25
percent (just 25 percent!) who have already made the change. The rest
can't give up Outlook, and Yahoo's memo offers one reason why that
may be: Employees who use Yahoo Mail apparently can't get corporate
emails on the Yahoo Mail app on their phones.

Read the entire memo at All Things Digital.

"It doesn't feel like we are asking you to abandon some glorious
place of communications nirvana," Bonforte and Roumillat write in
reference to Outlook. "At this point in your life, Outlook may be
familiar, which we can often confuse with productive or well designed."

Yahoo did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Yahoo Mail got a redesign in October, and users were furious. As part
of the changes, Yahoo removed the ability to see multiple emails at
once. There was such outrage over the new Yahoo Mail that a
Change.org petition called "Yahoo: Bring back the old version of
Yahoo Mail!" garnered almost 39,000 signatures.

"Imagine my surprise when I woke up one day and found everything in
my mail was different," Alec Permison, a 13-year Yahoo Mail customer
who owns a web consulting business, wrote to The Huffington Post
earlier this month about the change. Permison referenced several
issues with the new design, including problems simply sending emails.

Yahoo has said that it's "listening to all of the community feedback"
regarding the changes.

Maybe if Yahoo employees were allowed to work from home, they'd be
free to use whatever email service they wanted without anyone noticing.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how
do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer