[LINK] RFC: Easier Security for SMEs and Consumers

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Sat Oct 26 01:14:44 AEDT 2013

Roger writes,

> I'd greatly appreciate constructively negative feedback in relation
> to a paper I'll be presenting for the first time at a Cybersecurity
> Law event in Sydney in November.
>

>           Why Isn't Security Easier for SMEs and Consumers?
>              http://www.rogerclarke.com/EC/SSACS-13.html
>
> There are many facets of information and IT security, and threats and
> vulnerabilities change continually.  Safeguards exist that provide at
> least a reasonable degree of protection.  So, with so much accumulated
> knowledge around, why are SMEs and consumers hung out to dry?  Why aren't
> consumer devices delivered with convenient security facilities?

Constructively positive feedback is that you're fighting the good fight
in terms of Cybersecurity Roger. Hopefully this message is widely heard.

Perhaps to further demonstrate the farcial community security-situation,
one may suggest you example this product, available now on China's eBay.

With a one kilometre range, it's $20 and they offer free delivery. Sigh.

 "Password cracking Free Internet FREE WIFI 11N KINAMAX WIFI ADAPTER"

<http://www.dhgate.com/product/password-cracking-free-internet-free-
wifi/120642378.html>

Cheers,
Stephen

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server