[LINK] maturity for the Australian internet?

Jan Whitaker jwhit at internode.on.net
Wed Oct 30 15:42:57 AEDT 2013

At 03:18 PM 30/10/2013, Andrew Thornton you wrote:
>               In the NBN debate this aspect seems to have been
>absent and I find that curious.

And it's getting worse. Check out the non-information on the NBN site.
http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/computers/blogs/gadgets-on-the-go/nbn-co-rewrites-rollout-map--will-you-miss-out-on-fibre-20131030-2wfcr.html

Brenda said:
>And yes this is a very unequal position to hold but it's the reality of
>living in a very large land mass with so few people in it that makes the
>economics of service provision problematic.

The problem is that this sometimes happens in urban areas. It's not
just rural areas with the problem.
Where did your friend move to, Andrew?

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how
do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer