[LINK] UK Royal Mail sale

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Thu Sep 12 23:06:05 AEST 2013

LONDON -- The U.K. coalition government has confirmed plans to
privatize the country's 500-year-old Royal Mail this fall.

Business Secretary Vince Cable said Thursday an initial public
offering of a majority stake in the postal service was scheduled for
the coming weeks.

Officials say the expected stock sale will be open to members of the
public as well as to larger institutional investors. The minimum
investment will be set at 750 pounds ($1,185) with Royal Mail
employees getting a slice of the stock offering.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/12/uk-privatize-royal-mail_n_3912230.html

I wonder if they are also experimenting with some of the digital
services Aussie Post is? Or turning their post offices into sundry
stores? I was in our local this week and saw everything from a
barbecue grill to a jellyfish aquarium. That is not a joke.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how
do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer