[LINK] Wyvern

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 20:54:00 AEST 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 7:29 AM, Roger Clarke <Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au>
wrote:

> I'd have thought that a melange of evils like Basic this, Basic that
> ('poison for the mind' was it, Edsgar?), C+++ (bastard child of
> multiple fathers), et al., would have multiplied evils to the point
> of not just monstrous human confusion, but an ALU (does it still
> stand for arithmetic-logic unit?) convulsed with laughter.

Well, for a whole generation that started with 8bit computers, BASIC was
the introduction to programming.
Nowadays I favor REXX, -or as of late, NetRexx, now open source- for
"Human-Centered programming", in MFC's own words. :)

Rene Jansen says: "NetRexx offers a nice way to write Java programs,
without Java's C-heritage syntax".

Chip Davis <http://www.rexxla.org/images/officers/chip.jpg>, former
president of RexxLA, chimes in with his opinion: "The fact that PL/I and
object-oriented ooRexx have incorporated C syntax has more to do with the
pervasion of perversion, IMHO."

Read more:
http://news.techeye.net/software/why-an-open-netrexx-means-humans-can-do-java#ixzz3AGh80QGM
www.netrexx.org :)