[LINK] Hangout about Facebook-Native Politicians Thu Dec 4 - Midday AU time, presentation video

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Tue Dec 2 10:04:25 AEDT 2014

The other month in London, my new presentation on "Facebook-Native
Politicians" was recorded. Check it out from 5 minutes in for a snappy
30 minutes.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLbG8NWnIO4

And then join me Thursday (1 p.m. Sydney time) in a Hangout to
discuss, ask questions, share your own examples:

    https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c2kvr2vm6b22pemu4s6qcaeribo

All the details, slides, etc.: http://bit.ly/facebookpoliticians

I'd be curious what you see across Australia, but in Minneapolis we
see a new "engagement generation" emerging with new elected
representatives. In short, they use their *personal* Facebook profile
to publicly engage their constituents often multiple times a day.

My sense is that these folks will be the most natural allies for the
broader "open government" movement. Honestly, most haven't heard terms
like "open government data" but they will be crucial from a
generational change perspective in politics. So we need to seek them
out, "friend" them and help them see the opportunity to make all of
government more engaged with the public online.

Please share in Australia and beyond.

Steven Clift

P.S. Please keep the open government news coming on the Open
Government and Civic Technology Facebook Group:
http://facebook.com/groups/opengovgroup

Steven Clift - http://stevenclift.com
  Executive Director - http://E-Democracy.org
  Twitter: http://twitter.com/democracy