[LINK] OT: Bundy [Was Re: Depiction of wind

Andy Farkas andyf at andyit.com.au
Thu Jan 9 10:53:29 AEDT 2014

On 19/12/13 14:49, Andy Farkas wrote:

> It seems the WP article references a Bundaberg council document,
> which in turn does not include any references.  I have emailed the
> council asking for clarification to where they got their info.
>
> -andyf

Apologies for being OT.

I received a reply from Bundaberg council regarding my query as to
references regarding Bundaberg being "the most equable climate of
any Australian town or city":

"The paragraph you refer to was written some time ago, prior to me
starting with Council. The officer who wrote it is no longer here, so I'm
unable to give you a definitive answer.

However, after searching, I believe it the quote was derived from the
Encyclopaedia  Britannica.

The link below is a newspaper article which quotes Encyclopaedia
Britannica.

  http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1300&dat=19810501&id=CTRVAAAAIBAJ&sjid=w5QDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2193,242740

Hopefully this answers your query."

So, does anyone have a set of EB to confirm?  Any references in there?

-andyf