[LINK] Australian online news history

Fiona Martin fiona.martin at sydney.edu.au
Fri Jan 10 16:27:58 AEDT 2014

Thanks Stephen and yes it's challenging in the best Yes Minister
tradition.

I know that there'll be a lot of initiatives like this that I won't be
able to cover, and which are more niche media (e.g. educational, corporate
) than the generalist news/entertainment focus of the book. But not will
be useful to have diverse examples of networked media - especially when
they show the longevity of 'old' new media solutions.

So I'll contact you off list for more about the 'K-12' channel.

I haven't come across much Australian media history research on BBSs or
other discussion forums.  Are other linkers aware of research in this area?

regards,
Fiona

DR FIONA MARTIN | Senior Lecturer in Convergent and Online Media
Department of Media and Communications |  School of Letters Arts and Media
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 205, Holme Building A09 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
T +61 2 9036 5098  | F +61 2 9351 5444 | M +61 428 391 122
E fiona.martin at sydney.edu.au
<applewebdata://57C58A5E-AE4F-4726-A895-93A2D893AA28/fiona.martin@sydney.ed
u.au>
W http://sydney.edu.au/

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised
use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please
delete it and any attachments.Please think of our environment and only
print this e-mail if necessary.