[LINK] Adverts on govt websites

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Tue Jan 21 17:53:41 AEDT 2014

Advertising on the BOM Website is a different kettle of fish to an ACT Government website, as the
BOM website is the 20th(at least), most visited site in Australia.(1).

I expect there is some pressure from the people who manage Advertising properties, to get their cut.
Though, the danger is that like, footpath advertising, public amenity is lost at the expense of a
quick (and often suspiciously small (2)) buck!

(1) according to this site, for one:
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=247619
(2) My pet peeve is the JC Decaux "Street Furniture" Contracts
http://ramin.com.au/annandale/bus-shelters-boothstreet.shtml

Marghanita
Kerry Webb wrote:
> On 21/01/14 10:01 AM, Jan Whitaker wrote:
<snip>
>> http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/ads-to-stay-on-weather-bureau-website-20140120-314uc.html
>> Commercial advertising will be a permanent feature of the Bureau of
>> Meteorology website and the federal government has refused to rule
>> out running ads on other publicly funded websites.
<snip>
--
Marghanita da Cruz
Ramin Communications Pty Ltd