[LINK] Remember the power to the nodes issue?

JanW jwhit at internode.on.net
Sat Jul 12 21:23:10 AEST 2014

At 09:05 PM 12/07/2014, Frank O'Connor you wrote:

>There's the mundane copper/fibre reliability thingie. Exactly how
>'fit for purpose' is the majority of Telstra's copper, how much has
>oxidised and been damaged in bits of the 'final yards' that we don't
>know about?

And the *current* cable failure rate that is taking Telstra 3 WEEKS
to fix at a friend's house, as well as another friend, and at least 3
to 4 others in a sample of about 30 people yesterday. Doesn't bode well.

>Yeah .... there's a heap of questions that I still have about the
>FttN architecture. Obviously the builders and operators are in the same boat.

But, hey, the MD of NBN Co. is raking it in, taking his 30% bonus,
unlike Quigley, and is the 2nd highest paid PS in the country at the moment.

There's money to be made in this thingie, you know, if you know the
right people named Malcolm and Co.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Twitter: JL_Whitaker

JL Whitaker
"On A Life's Edge" -
US Amazon print and digital
http://www.amazon.com/On-Lifes-Edge-J-Whitaker/dp/1499787154/
Australia Amazon: ebook only
http://www.amazon.com.au/Lifes-Edge-J-Whitaker-ebook/dp/B00KYW2YA8/
and other Kindle sites around the world.
Available 13 June on Kindle

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how
do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer