[LINK] Info re webhosting and its contribution to climate change

JanW jwhit at internode.on.net
Thu Oct 2 18:49:12 AEST 2014

At 06:18 PM 2/10/2014, jore you wrote:
>growing requirements for and cumulative impacts of
>other resources in post-peak such as oil for plastic, coltan for
>screens, copper, lead, zinc, etc etc etc; that are all required for
>keeping the machinations of such technology and the global economy going)

There are also a slew of exotic materials in chip production as well as what used to be prolific, but is running out on Earth: helium.

You might have some luck in the studies around server farms. At one stage, the issues around aircon cooling requirements and shifting to more efficient servers (blades?) was all the talk.

And of course the ubiquitous, yet more camouflaged cell (mobile) towers. You don't hear Joe Hockey complaining about them, do we? Just wind farms.

Jan

"Lost Anchors" - Now available on Amazon in both print and Kindle versions.
Print: http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Anchors-J-Kirsten/dp/1502541556/
Ebook US: http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Anchors-JJ-Kirsten-ebook/dp/B00O3GRLCW/
Ebook AU: http://www.amazon.com.au/Lost-Anchors-JJ-Kirsten-ebook/dp/B00O3GRLCW/

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer