[LINK] Tools for Compiling to JavaScript

Frank O'Connor francisoconnor3 at bigpond.com
Tue Apr 14 23:22:23 AEST 2015

> On 14 Apr 2015, at 9:54 pm, Roger Clarke <Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au> wrote:
>

> Once upon a time, computing terms had clear meanings.
>
> Compile meant to convert source-code into executable code, i.e. the machine-language of a given computer.

Unless you were using one of the early versions of PASCAL with its bloody minded single pass compiler.

In which case the compiler was converting source code into a cascading stream of ever more horrible executable fatal errors that were more than difficult to debug …. and this even if only one or two syntax or other minor errors existed in the original source code.

Yeah …. those were the days.         :(

I still wake up, now and then, in a cold sweat and cursing Nicholas Wirth - the sadistic creep.

Just my 2 cents worth …
----