[LINK] Cory Doctorow: we've lost key decade in climate fight, thanks to Abbott, Harper

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Wed Dec 2 10:22:41 AEDT 2015

On 01/12/15 09:58, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> http://www.theage.com.au/world/cory-doctorow-politics-and-internet-fail-in-climate-change-fight--so-far-20151129-glb22c.html

The article is titled "Could solutions to serious problems facing the
world come from the imaginations of science-fiction authors?".

I suggest not: we have enough difficulty convincing politicians and the
general public that climate change is a fact, without mentioning science
fiction.

Although, I do like to quote Stark Trek to climate change skeptics:

	"Only a fool fights in a burning house"

	Klingon proverb from "Day of the Dove", Stark Trek
	(Original Series), Episode 3x11, 1968:
	http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Day_of_the_Dove_%28episode%29

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
The Higher Education Whisperer http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/

Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/