[LINK] Housekeeping: users disabled by the system in Link

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Tue Dec 1 18:32:45 AEDT 2015

Hi esteemed Linkers

I’m receiving a number of excessive bounce disabling messages from the Link membership - in other words, I get a message when delivery was disabled because of excessive bouncing from a member’s address - usually because the person is no longer at this address.

We have almost 30% of our membership in this category, and I was hoping to do some spring-cleaning and remove the few that bothered me, until I discovered that we are talking about 96 email addresses.

What to do? Is it acceptable to remove these and reduce the effort required to filter excessive bounces, or should I let sleeping dogs lie? Yes, I’m aware that mail server availability might have made some messages bounce excessively and flagged the admin account accordingly, but I’m loathe to send out emails to 96 people to find out if they still exist.

Suggestions welcome…

Warmly
iT
(Link admin)