[LINK] Surviving Climate Change

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Jan 26 10:12:45 AEDT 2015

On 24/01/15 16:24, jore wrote:

> ... What can you do? ...

I teach how to reduce carbon emissions using computers and provide the
course notes for free so others can teach it (used from Hong Kong to
Canada): http://www.tomw.net.au/ict_sustainability/introduction.shtml

In terms of preventing nuclear war, I propose free open source hot-line
software, which nations could use to defuse a crisis. Perhaps I can
persuade the Sahana Software Foundation to build it. They already give
away disaster management software for use by organizations such as the
Red Cross. Perhaps they could also do "disaster prevention" software:
http://sahanafoundation.org/

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
The Higher Education Whisperer http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/

Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/