[LINK] Fwd: No battery backup

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Sun Mar 1 19:41:32 AEDT 2015

From my friend's experience. We had a whopper of a storm last night. She's in Keysborough and they may have above ground power lines. Mine are underground.

I've told her she shouldn't have to pay, and would insist they come back and do it right. And if they refuse, complain to NBN, TIO, ACMA and Turnbull.

Jan

>Well,  my power went off in the storm last night,  and guess what?   My  phones don't work.
>
>I spent a long time on the phone this morning and found out that the way my set-up  is wired up the phones work  through the modem, which isn't backed up by the battery.    So actually, the battery is doing nothing.    The nice young man (who, surprisingly was in Townsville, not overseas),  contacted the sales dept. to see if a tech can come and change the wiring.    He was told I would have to pay another $192 fee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>There is no way I am paying again,   so I said I will go to the local shop this week and have a talk with them.     I can't see why it was done this way when I already had the  battery backup box.     I certainly wasn't told any of this, and wasn't  given an opportunity to do things differently.
>
>I don't understand  what the differences are.    I hope someone at the shop can explain.
>
>However,     I expect that nothing will be changed.
>
>I am sick of it all!!!!

I write books. http://janwhitaker.com/?page_id=8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer