[LINK] Update on friend's battery situation

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Tue Mar 3 15:22:03 AEDT 2015

Like so many things, it appears to be who you talk to and what they happen to know at the time.

>Yesterday, I checked at another neighbours place - they have connected to nbn with Optus, and they have the same boxes as I do, and don't have battery backup.
>
>Went to Telstra shop at Parkmore this morning.
>
>​It seems that everyone is getting this  power supply / battery backup box installed, but without the backup working.​
>--Â
>​ It is only connected / wired up to work if you are a priority assistance person, who doesn't  have to pay.    Anyone else, like me, has to pay for backup to be connected.​  This should have been explained by the nbn technician who installed the boxes.
>
>​They seem to be putting these boxes in all homes, in case circumstances change, and backup is needed in the future.
>
>It seems I have had a misunderstanding of the process, but this is because no-one has explained the system to me or to anyone else.  Even the guy in the shop this morning, said that he had learnt a lot because of my questioning today.​
>

>​This all means that I would have to pay if I wanted backup set up now,  so I won't be bothering.
>
>At least I now know how it works  (or perhaps doesn't work ) !!!!

I write books. http://janwhitaker.com/?page_id=8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer