[LINK] First test of anti-piracy website-blocking laws targets small ISP

Paul Brooks pbrooks-link at layer10.com.au
Fri Nov 20 16:07:43 AEDT 2015

On 20/11/2015 2:42 PM, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/first-test-of-antipiracy-websiteblocking-laws-targets-small-isp-20151119-gl3l5f.html
>
> The AG (one thinks it must involve them?) can't be serious if this is their test case.
> If they don't understand the difference between trademark, patent and copyright law, we are in deep trouble.
Jan - the AGD is not involved in this one.  Its a private matter, with these
provisions being obliquely referred to in a letter from a law firm representing a
private Australian company.
The lawyers appear to think they can cite this law to block a website using an
Australian firm's logo without permission.
No government involvement - I'm hoping this private Australian company aren't paying a
great deal for their legal advisors.
Nothing to see here.