[LINK] Okay for PM to Use Non-Government Internet Services

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Sat Oct 10 11:38:10 AEDT 2015

*"If you're using a commercial email service that's being carried through
the telecommunications network, it will be covered by all of the same rules
that apply to a Government-based service."*

Public email systems have no requirement to be encrypted.  Nor any
requirements for strong passwords, or any form of 2 factor auth. Nor any
auditing requirements.

Are you suggesting that the official government servers have none of those
things as requirements either?

Please, please tell me you were mis-quoted, because that statement holds
absolutely no water...

  Scott

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Tom Worthington <tom.worthington at tomw.net.au