[LINK] Electromagnetic Hyper Sensitivity

David Lochrin dlochrin at d2.net.au
Mon Sep 7 18:51:17 AEST 2015

On 2015-09-07 15:10 Jim Birch wrote:

> As I see it, these effects, if they exist at all, are pretty small.  There have been numerous epidemiological studies of mobile phone use including some with good design and high numbers.

The Weekend Herald article is about a relatively small number of people who claim to _directly_ experience a hyper-sensitivity to EM radiation, not the majority of the population who do not.

I personally have no authority on the subject.  But I note that some neurologists (e.g. Charlie Teo) think there's a real issue here, and many studies have suggested a link between intensive phone use and brain tumours, see for example:
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/may/13/intensive-mobile-phone-users-higher-risk-brain-cancer-study
http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/athome/cellular-phones (from the American Cancer Society).

David L.