[LINK] Electromagnetic Hyper Sensitivity

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Tue Sep 8 16:23:10 AEST 2015

On Mon, 2015-09-07 at 18:51 +1000, David Lochrin wrote:
>  But I note that some neurologists (e.g. Charlie Teo) think there's a real issue here, and many studies have suggested a link between intensive phone use and brain tumours, see for example:
> http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/may/13/intensive-mobile-phone-users-higher-risk-brain-cancer-study
> http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/athome/cellular-phones (from the American Cancer Society).

But that's not a sensitivity.

It's reasonable to be cautious about the effects of a radio transmitter
held against the brain. If it concerns you then countermeasures are
simple: a earphone/microphone cable, run through a ferrite core with a
few twists to defeat any radio frequency signals.

The inverse-square law suggests that transmitters which are further away
-- wifi, radio base stations, etc -- aren't a concern for disease.

They might be a concern for a sensitivity, but that's a very generous
statement. The sheer number of people suddenly claiming a sensitivity
after so many years of mobile towers makes me doubt on the condition.

-glen