[LINK] MyHealthRecord opt-out Site

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Mon Apr 4 14:49:29 AEST 2016

On 4/04/2016 12:43 PM, Karl Auer wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-04-04 at 12:13 +1000, Karl Auer wrote:
>> I have a call in to MyHealthRecord trying to tell them about this. It
>> will be interesting to see if they do actually get back to me.
> They did. Someone called David rang me, and said that the problem was
> already being rectified. He mentioned getting a proper redirect in
> place.
>
> Take another look tomorrow, I guess.

The link from
https://myhealthrecord.gov.au/internet/mhr/publishing.nsf/Content/trials#dont-wantmhr

has been fixed.

However, the
http://www2.medicareaustralia.gov.au/pext/optoutextweb/optout.xhtml

link still works.
> I'm pleased that it was possible to get this information into such a
> large department. Definitely not as hard as it might have been, so
> credit where it's due. Maybe tweet that too, BRD.

I'll think about it. My first reaction is not to give credit to someone
for not doing something they shouldn't have done in the first place.

What worries me is the fact that it could even happen.
This is an enterprise class application. Have they never heard of SDLC
processes:
Architecture, requirements setting, requirements management, design,
testing acceptance testing, migration into production?

The most important NFRs here being "all communications should be
encrypted" along with "unencrypted communication should not be possible"

The Medicare CIO should be ashamed of running a department with such
amateurish development practices. This isn't a dumb, read only web page,
there's important and sensitive data involved. Getting it wrong erodes
what little trust people have in government IT.

--

Regards
brd

Bernard Robertson-Dunn