[LINK] World Economic Forum scores Australia lowest for, internet access affordability

Chris Johnson Chris.Johnson at anu.edu.au
Thu Apr 21 22:14:16 AEST 2016

Andy Farkas wrote

> [Hey, ABC, it would be nice if you gave a link to the report!]
>
>   http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-20/millions-of-australians-living-without-internet/7340434
>
> "Millions of Australians live in households without internet access,
> according to the World Economic Forum, who have awarded Australia the
> lowest scoring country in the category of affordability for internet
> access."

WEF says 25 % of Australians had fixed internet in 2014.
I'd look at the rest of the world before you decide whether that is OK
or awful (average for advanced countries is 29%)
- so I doubt the interpretation of the data as "millions of Australians
have no internet" - it seems unreasonable (count the mobiles as well?)

I found this source for the report as possible, but I do not know if it
is where this unsourced story comes from.

https://reports.weforum.org/global-competitiveness-report-2014-2015/rankings/#indicatorId=GCI.B.09.01

--
Chris Johnson Hon As Pro RSCS ANU