[LINK] The Real Reason ABS Took the Census Offline?

JanW jwhit at internode.on.net
Sat Aug 13 10:56:52 AEST 2016

At 10:08 AM 13/08/2016, Kim Holburn wrote:
>That would mean, surely that census workers would have to deliver the right envelope to the right address.  I'm sure that would leave a paper trail.  They could have done it electronically, ie with a census worker's device and some kind of identifying mark on the outside of the envelope.
>
>Anyone got their envelopes?

I have everything. What do you want to know? Which envelope? The mailback one for the paper form or the one the paper form came in?

I don't have the envelope the letter came in, but I still have the first letter as well.

It might be of interest that the login numbers on the first letter and the paper form do NOT match.

The barcode numbers on the first letter and the paper form do NOT match.

The return address on the blue paper form return envelope is to my local region of Dandenong, NOT to Melbourne or out of state. So it may be that they are sub-regionally doing data entry????

The is one of those scanning blocks (can't remember what they are called; alternative to barcode, often used with a smartphone, a square of pixels) next to the postage paid box. where it says Priority. There is also a barcode in the address area.

The window to show your paper form barcoded residence address info is in the BACK of the envelope.

Hope that helps.
Jan

I write books. http://janwhitaker.com/?page_id=8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Some psychopaths become serial killers, and other psychopaths become prosecutors. - Bob Ruff, Truth and Justice, June 2016

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer