[LINK] The wonders of NBN

David Boxall linkdb at boxall.name
Mon Feb 15 10:44:16 AEDT 2016

This relates to an NBN fixed wireless installation.
<sarcasm>They've really got their act together.</sarcasm>

<https://www.facebook.com/groups/BIRRR/permalink/470454783163214/>
> Today is day 21 with a failed NBN connection for us. We live in Port
> Huon, Tasmania, in the beautiful rural Huon Valley.
>
> We have had one occasion where an NBN technician has turned up, the
> day before a scheduled appointment because the technician was in the
> street doing another job. We were not at home.
>
> Since then there have now been four scheduled appointments to which no
> NBN technician has shown up. Excuses, via the ISP from NBN have
> included - 'We didn't have all the correct information" which is
> incorrect. "They weren't home, so we left a card in the post box"
> which has never happened. "We went to the wrong address" which is
> unverifiable, oh and my favorite "We don't often go down there." Which
> is clearly correct. I await with interest the excuse for the no show
> on Friday, appointment 4, perhaps " The dog ate my Purchase
> Order/IPhone/Car Keys?"
>
> We are struggling to cope with one iPad with Telstra 3G for which we
> will likely need to take out a mortgage.
>
> My business is seriously affected.
>
> No one appears to have control over the activities of the NBN, and I
> am grateful for the efforts of my ISP. it appears to be ineffective
> however.
>
> I am at a loss as to how to move forward. Direct contact with the NBN
> results in "There's nothing we can do" there is no mechanism for
> members of the public to address this kind of appalling service. There
> is no accountability.
>
> All we need is for the NBN box in our house to be fixed.
>
> please does anyone have any strategies, ideas or ways to move this
> forward?

Our government clearly wants to screw up our telecommunications.

--
David Boxall                    |  Drink no longer water,
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  for thy stomach's sake ...