[LINK] Machine Learning Was: Re: Robot cars and the fear gap

David Boxall linkdb at boxall.name
Sun Jul 31 20:13:40 AEST 2016

On 31/07/2016 9:55 AM, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
> On 30/07/2016 11:59 PM, Stephen Loosley quoted:
>> The best way to understand the test is to see a few samples in action. Take this question:
>>

> People will never get used to AI systems because they are just too stupid.

Indeed. I've known many people who lacked common sense. Can we really
have artificial intelligence if we don't have the other kind?

Machine learning seems to be conflated with artificial intelligence. Are
the two terms synonymous? Does a learning system really need intelligence?

--
David Boxall                    |  A fool is certain;
                                 |  an ignorant fool,
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  absolutely so.
                                            --Graffito