[LINK] Voter fury rising over sluggish internet speeds

Frank O'Connor francisoconnor3 at bigpond.com
Sat Jun 11 13:56:55 AEST 2016

> On 11 Jun 2016, at 10:34 AM, Bernard Robertson-Dunn <brd at iimetro.com.au> wrote:
>
> The NBNco site tells me that the NBN it is not currently available and
> there is no scheduled date for rollout.

Lucky Sod! The NBN has been posited for my area by Q2 2016 … hey!That’s now! … but nobody’s seen hide nor hair of any trucks, construction or personnel to date.

I’m guessing that they aren’t exactly running to timetable, but we’ll have to wait for another whistleblower to confirm that. Ziggy, who lives not a mile or so from where I am, hasn’t said anything.

> This voter isn't happy. At least Bronnie won't be on the ballot paper,
> but that's small consolation.

Yes, but its a bit of a sleeper issue and most voters haven’t cottoned on to the fact that building this dogs breakfast for an admitted $60 billion, and expecting to sell it for an estimated $20 billion (to either idiots who have no idea how much work will be needed to bring it up-to-standard, or network monopolists like Telstra looking to lock in short term profits whilst a serious broadband network is built - hey, nobody gets any choice about whether they connect to this technological abortion) … means a loss of $40 billion to the revenue the instant its sold.

But I suppose when you lump it on top of $72 billion for the abortive F35, and $50 billion for what amounts to obsolete submarines that will probably be blown out of the water within 20 seconds of a war being declared this is small potatoes.

Just my 2 cents worth …
----