[LINK] NBN domestic installations

Paul Brooks pbrooks-link at layer10.com.au
Fri Mar 11 17:54:40 AEDT 2016

On 11/03/2016 11:04 AM, David Lochrin wrote:
> Many thanks for all the knowledge and experience collected in this thread.
>
> One last thing, I assume there's no line rental with an FTTN service?
>
> David L.
Line rental still paid to Telstra by the end-user for the 'naked subloop' copper?  No.
The user pays the ISP's retail service fee, the ISP pays the NBN wholesale fee, NBN
and the C'wealth pay Telstra something, I think non-recurring.

If for some reason you retain a Telstra dial-tone on the line for a PSTN service, then
yes, you'll probably still pay Telstra for the telephone service - because Telstra is
then your RSP for voice.

Paul.