[LINK] NBN trials faster FttDP but Malcolm Turnbull won't kill FttN

Andy Farkas andyf at andyit.com.au
Tue Mar 22 12:59:37 AEDT 2016

On 22/03/2016 11:32, David Boxall wrote:
>> An FttDP box in your street draws its power from your house, up to
>> 200 metres away, rather than relying on the electricity grid.
> Power to the distribution point from the premises - over existing
> copper? :/

FttDP has an upgrade path: FoD (Fibre on Demand).

FttN does not. Malcolm lied about the upgradability of his MTM. And he has
lied about many other things with his "fully costed, ready to go" MTM plan.
(which would only cost $29 billion - ha!)

I really wish the MSM, and more importantly Labor, would jump
on this bandwagon. Yes, I know it is hard for Joe and Jolene Blogs
to understand, but wasting billions of dollars on something that
*will* need to be upgraded in the future is a gross negligent act.

-andyf (still trying to refrain from posting about MTM but finding
it quite difficult... and David is not helping :)