[LINK] Worst windex [Windows 10] feature ever!

Andy Farkas andyf at andyit.com.au
Tue May 17 22:15:57 AEST 2016

Was fart-arseing around with windex[0] and this happened... my login
was changed!

All because I was playing with "Windows Store" and tried downloading a
(free) game. [mini-golf if you must know]

http://www.howtogeek.com/230543/how-to-revert-your-windows-10-account-to-a-local-one-after-the-windows-store-hijacks-it/

"Recently, however, we discovered a super annoying way that your local
user account is automatically and without your permission converted into
a Microsoft account: when you first log into the Windows Store on your
new Windows 10 PC your local user account (say “Bill”) gets switched
over seamlessly to whatever email address you use for the Windows Store
(say “bill at whythehellwouldyoudothismicrosoft.com”).

Not only is this an annoyance but if you end up in some comedy-of-errors
situation where someone who isn’t you logs into the Windows Store then it
converts your local user account to a Microsoft account with their login
credentials. Further compounding the problem you need their password to
undo the mess (and, should you lock your computer or log out before you
fix the problem you’ll need their password just to access your computer).
It’s all rather bizarre and a very poor and underhanded bid to get people
using the Microsoft-style login instead of the local-user login."

<more_annoyance>
Every time I turn this stupid windex laptop on, my squid proxy server
goes crazy constantly sending (POST) and downloading (GET) crap from
Microsoft and affiliates.
</more_annoyance>

No wonder the NBN (MTM) will get overwhelmed before it's built!

-andyf

[0] see Subject: