[LINK] Why a staggering number of Americans have stopped using the Internet the way they used to

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Wed May 18 12:47:41 AEST 2016

On 16/05/16 14:32, Kim Holburn wrote:
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/05/13/new-government-data-shows-a-staggering-number-of-americans-have-stopped-basic-online-activities/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_switch-internet-use-950pm:homepage/story
>
>> Why a staggering number of Americans have stopped using the
>> Internet the way they used to ...

Does this include using a Smart Phone? I suspect that many people do not
think of using an App as using "The Internet".

The smart phone may give consumers a false sense of security. It would
be good if people think twice before putting information in an App, or
the Internet.

What will your family and friends, your employer, or the secret police,
do with this data, perhaps decades from now?

That said, I guess you could find out just about everything about me
on-line (including my shoe size). ;-)

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
The Higher Education Whisperer http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/

Adjunct Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science, College of
Engineering & Computer Science, Australian National University
http://people.cecs.anu.edu.au/user/3890 http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4799-8464