[LINK] Voice on the NBN

Stephen Loosley stephenloosley at outlook.com
Wed Sep 7 13:47:43 AEST 2016

Hi David,

With no chance of NBN fibre, our small Vic country town has just been NBN wireless enabled.

Hence, we’ve gone with a Dodo pay-as-you-go monthly wireless data plan, with an unlimited 25-5 Mbs (usually 23 Mbs) and with free phone calls to both mobile and landline phones mostly anywhere in the world, for $89 a month. We also included their Dodo $99 wireless router which clearly and reliably covers all the property.

In terms of our NBN landline handset, we bought this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Panasonic-KX-PRW120AZW-Cordless-Phone-with-AUST-PANASONIC-WARRANTY-/281365927767?hash=item4182b75757:g:hBEAAOSwFnFWE1AB

It’s state-of-the-art, and fantastic. You only need this one NBN landline handset because it allows you to use your normal mobile phones as additional DECT landline handsets. That is, one simply downloads the excellent Panasonic app, and you can then make and receive your ‘free’ NBN voip landline calls over your normal mobile phone. And, use all of your stored mobile phone contacts.

We make many national and overseas unlimited phone calls, all for $30 a month, and using our normal mobile phones. The Panasonic app gives you a choice of making either normal mobile calls or NBN landline calls on your mobile phone.

Cheers,
Stephen