[LINK] Telstra is lying to customers

David Lochrin dlochrin at key.net.au
Sat Feb 18 18:07:53 AEDT 2017

Hi Jan,

off-link

On Saturday 18 February 2017 10:53:14 JanW wrote:
> I was asked by someone else if this was a scam. I truly don't think it was, or else it was awfully slick! When I pushed back that I wouldn't give him my details over the phone to 'order' whatever it was he was selling, he offered to give me the amount of my last monthly bill to confirm he was who he said he was. He also rattled off his name and employee number so I could check. I wish now I had let him give me the amount, because that would have shown he was 'legit' working with Telstra data

I must have a nasty, suspicious mind!  I'd think a genuine Telstra caller would be equipped with at least the names & 'phone numbers of Telstra customers.  In offering to give you the amount of your last monthly bill (do you receive a monthly or quarterly account?) he was probably counting on most people only having a vague idea of the amount anyway.  If he were genuine he would have known your name.

My money is still on The Scam!

Cheers,
David