[LINK] What your choice of smartphone says about you

David Lochrin dlochrin at key.net.au
Thu Jan 5 11:03:30 AEDT 2017

I have a "feature phone" which has basic email & web functionality together with a speaking-type telephone.  The main reason I don't have a smartphone, other than having no particular reason to change, is that I can't selectively & reliably disable applications on a smartphone or (ideally) remove them altogether.

I've seen instructions on the 'net for loading Gnu Linux onto an Android device, but I'm not sure I'd be game to try it.

However I believe there is, or was, a Ubuntu mobile phone.  Can any Linker shed more light on that?

David L.