[LINK] What your choice of smartphone says about you

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Jan 6 09:00:52 AEDT 2017

On 05/01/17 11:03, David Lochrin wrote:

> ... reason I don't have a smartphone ...

I have a Lenovo A588T, selected as the cheapest smart "flip phone" I
could find:
http://blog.tomw.net.au/2015/11/lenovo-a588t-android-flip-phone.html

I purchased this after enrolling in an m-learning course, when the
instructor asked what smart phone and tablet the students had. I was
embarrassed to admit I didn't have either, just a laptop (which was not
"mobile" enough). So I went out and bought the Lenovo phone and an XO
tablet, for my studies:
http://www.tomw.net.au/masters_eportfolio/mlearning.shtml

> However I believe there is, or was, a Ubuntu mobile phone ...

Superseded by Ubuntu Touch: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Touch

But it has not been exactly enthusiastically received. There is also
Firefox OS for mobiles, also not that popular:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox_OS

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
The Higher Education Whisperer http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/

Adjunct Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science, College of
Engineering & Computer Science, Australian National University
http://people.cecs.anu.edu.au/user/3890 http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4799-8464