[LINK] The thread "Cars, again"

David dlochrin at key.net.au
Mon Nov 20 15:52:22 AEDT 2017

I'd like to clarify my point of view about autonomous vehicles, just in case anyone has been following that thread.

One of my interests is Brain & Mind and, by extension, the extent to which AI may or may not shed any light on natural brains.  Neural networks also appear to have some interesting theoretical properties, not that I'm any expert.

However I have no particular interest in autonomous cars.

I can assure Mr. Boxall that I'm not fearful ("Fear might keep us safe, but it doesn't do a lot to advance humanity.") or huddling in a corner whimpering ("Nobody really knows what we're doing, but we _are_ doing it.  Some will huddle in a corner, whimpering.  Others will get on with the job.").  Gratituous slurs have no place on Link.

David L.