[LINK] The Gatwick Drones

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Fri Dec 21 08:58:24 AEDT 2018

Drones paralyse British airport, grounding Christmas travellers
Troops sent to airport.
Sarah Young and Kate Holton
itNews
Dec 21 2018
https://www.itnews.com.au/news/drones-paralyse-british-airport-grounding-christmas-travellers-517217

... large drones forced all flights to be cancelled on Thursday
... at Gatwick Airport, south of London

... thousands of passengers waited

... police hunted unsuccessfully for the operators of the large drones
which reappeared near the airfield every time the airport tried to
reopen the runway.

[I'm embarrassed to discover that my section on hostile uses of drones
included only "an individual drone could be deployed against an aircraft
during takeoff or landing, perhaps through a jet-engine air-intake".

[It failed to discuss simple 'nuisance', e.g. close to airports:
http://rogerclarke.com/SOS/Drones-E.html#AHLD

Roger Clarke                            mailto:Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
T: +61 2 6288 6916   http://www.xamax.com.au  http://www.rogerclarke.com

Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Law            University of N.S.W.