[LINK] Video streaming

David dlochrin at key.net.au
Sat Feb 3 13:56:57 AEDT 2018

On Friday, 2 February 2018 17:28:36 AEDT JanW wrote:
> IView worked straight away in Chrome.

I read somewhere that Chrome has done a deal with Adobe involving Flash, which is possibly why it works for you using Chrome but is so abysmally slow for me using the Flash package in my Linux distribution.  Even Adobe have stated that Flash's days are numbered.

The reason the "plugin" API is to be removed from Firefox (and other packages) is that HTML5 is seen to do pretty much everything now so plugins are no longer needed and the support issue will be easier without them.  But it will take time, and something of an exception has been made for Flash; all other plugins beginning with Firefox 52.x will have to be interactively authorised each time they're run.

DavidL.