[LINK] Don’t believe the hype: We’re a long way from 5G

JLWhitaker jwhit at internode.on.net
Sat Jun 2 06:45:39 AEST 2018

On 1/06/2018 9:38 PM, hamish at cloud.net.au wrote:
> As for keeping your POTS connection that isn't possible with FTTN - it uses the same copper pair. With HFC (and fixed wireless I guess) it's possible though, at least during the 18 month coexistence period.
But why continue to pay rental? I guess because of "comfort" that it
will work during a power outage. I think I've had 2 of those in 20 years
at this place. Others have different experiences because of power poles.

Jan

--
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Twitter: @JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer