[LINK] Solomon Islands Technology for Development Challenge

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Tue Nov 27 08:40:54 AEDT 2018

On 25/11/18 9:53 pm, Stephen Loosley wrote:

> Good on you Tom .. seemingly a most worthwhile initiative ...

Thanks, please sign into the DFAT site and click on "Support" for the
proposal:
https://tech4dev.collabco.com.au/idea/micro-credentials-mobile-phone

> Might one suggest that an emphasis on literacy and numeracy, for all
> age-groups, might be especially helpful?

Yes, but the younger the student, the more hands on help they need from
a teacher. The best way to help the younger students, I suggest, is
teacher training, and I propose to do that first.

--
Tom Worthington, MEd FHEA FACS CP http://www.tomw.net.au +61(0)419496150
TomW Communications Pty Ltd. PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia

Honorary Senior Lecturer, Computer Science, Australian National
University https://cecs.anu.edu.au/research/profile/tom-worthington