[LINK] NBN upgrade questions

David dlochrin at key.net.au
Tue Oct 9 20:08:45 AEDT 2018

On 9/10/2018 7:04 PM, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> No. I meant that NBN never provides a router. The customer must supply one or buy one from their RSP.

My understanding is that NBNCo. never provide a router but do provide a media convertor (for FTTC-Ethernet, as discussed, or HFC-Ethernet).  But do some ISPs provide a router with an HFC port which can be plugged directly into the cable from the street without the intermediate media-conversion box, notably Telstra & Optus, who run the HFC networks?

David L.