[LINK] NBN upgrade questions

David dlochrin at key.net.au
Wed Oct 10 15:35:53 AEDT 2018

On 9/10/2018 8:15 PM, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> A lot of the NBN resellers are selling routers with both VDSL2 and ethernet uplinks, so they can be used for any NBN connection. For example Aussie Broadband supplies a Netcomm:
> https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/nbn-plans/nbn-modem/

I originally bought an NF10WV myself.  After poking around in the firmware I raised a support ticket with NetComm, but that only resulted in reassuring noises not to worry.  I then put it straight back in its box, where it remains.  These boxes are made in China.

However the Cisco ATA (VoIP box) is excellent.  Configuration for Australian tones, number plans, etc. requires some expertise, but presumably Aussie Broadband have already done that.  I can provide details for anyone interested.

David L.